(A few times a week the TRAffIK team will take turns telling you what we’re listening to)
I usually don’t mess with playlists too much, and if I do, they are usually my own demos which I repeatedly listen to for research. Or ego. Or something. I’m always writing, see? And I want to make it better.
But what I usually do is throw my iPOD on shuffle and it pretty much runs the gamut of my tastes.
1. “Everyone Knows That You’re Insane” – Queens of the Stone Age
These guys rawk it for me. I wish I played lead for them!
2. “Late In The Evening” – Paul Simon
I had quite a big Simon playbook phase when I started writing. This is pure syrup, but I like it.
3. “Aus der Tiefe rufe ich, BMV 745″ – JS Bach
Sweet, sweet Johann and the sounds that came from his mind. Makes me feel proud to be human.
4. “Fast As You Can” – Fiona Apple
Odd choice to pop up. Eh, she’s OK. Still in my IPOD?
5. “You Are An Airplane” – Of Montreal
I really like old Of Montreal. Real raw, as opposed to the opulence of their current schtick.
6. “Love Theme” (From ‘Blade Runner’) – Vangelis
Ah, yes. Seriously, I’ve run the streets around my pad to this soundtrack many times.
7. “007″ – Desmond Dekker
Desmond is my king of reggae and ska music, with all due respect Bob. Shantytown!
8. “Red Red Wine” – Neil Diamond
I wish I wrote this one. Really, I’m not much of a Neil guy, but what a song!
9. “Piano Sonata in F Minor, Op. 5″ – Brahms
Mmmm….the scherzo movement of this really brings it home for me.
10. “Who By Fire” – Leonard Cohen
In another life, I’d be a woman under Leonard’s command.
Seems to omit a lot of my usual folk music and speed metal. Random, all the way!