Before heading off to PROJECT LAS VEGAS, the TRAffIK Fashion Girls took a look at their current beauty obsessions and must-haves and are sharing them with you. See below for what get’s them glowing, keeps them moisturized, hydrates them, and what tunes they can’t get out of their heads (because we all need good music to get ready to)
Keep checking back for more from BB and Heather the TRAffIK Fashion Girls and their column REAL FASHION FOR REAL PEOPLE and don’t forget to follow them on Twitter at http://twitter.com/fashiongirls513
Here’s some of what to expect: How-to’s – BB and Heather will show you exactly how to wear some of the hottest new trends as well as accessories you may already own in great new ways, Insider Info from the events that BB and Heather attend or are involved with, like Project Las Vegas (Feb.16-18), Q &A’s with Fashion Industry Insiders – So that you can continue to learn about the inner workings of the Fashion Industry. They will also tackle any questions that you may have, and Special Features on What to Wear and Where.
What’s in BB’s Bag?
Things I don’t leave home without:
1. Nars Highlighting/Bronzing Blush Duo – One side is a soft pink and the other side is a natural bronze. The names of the colors are orgasm and laguna and they are both amazing for day or night! I use the bronze color for a more natural look and the pink if I want a more dramatic look. You can get it at Sephora for $39.
2. Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit – brightens and highlights my eyes. Especially on those days when working fashion around the clock! It brings a vibrant and youthful look to the face. BB LOVES this! It also has a secret stash of powder to set the creaminess just right! $32
3. Rosebud Salve – I use this for the hands – showing lines to buyers all day, and dealing with dirty hangers, boxes etc. can be harsh on the hands. I use this Rosebud Salve everyday to keep my hands soft and smooth. And it smells so good! Its so natural you can also use on your lips and on your face if you needed a quick moisturizing fix! $6 at Sephora
Hydration… What I Can’t Live Without Right Now:
Cucumber Water. I’m a fan of using cucumber for the eyes (as Dr. Oz suggested) and also slice it in a pitcher of cold water that I keep in my fridge at all times. It’s like a spa brought to my home. Sometimes I add lemon or an orange slice for some more flavor. Cucumbers are good for eyes and also give the body lots of Vitamin A & C.
What I’m listening to right now: Sade – relaxing and calming. I just recently heard the new album Solider of Love and fell in love with this voice all over again. I listen to this in LA traffic, while I’m at home cooking, while I’m working – oh yes, people, I am going to run this one into the ground. This also got me to go get the “ Best of Sade” again – she is absolutely hypnotizing. This is one concert I will not be missing this year!
What’s in Heather’s Bag?
4. SEPHORA EYESHADOW DUO NO. 9
I love the purple shades in this duo, the dark maroon with purple shimmer really brings out my eyes. This is a color I can wear every day, and often do! This duo and 10 others available for $16
5. LANCOME MAQUICOMPLET CONCEALER
This creamy, liquid concealer protects against environmental damage and hides flaws and dark circles with full, natural-looking coverage. $28.50, available at department store makeup counters
6. NEUTROGENA MOISTURESHINE LIPGLOSS
I am totally obsessed with this right now! This lipgloss looks great without being overly sticky, and when it wears off your lips feel more hydrated than they did before you put it on. It has a slight cooling feeling, contains SPF 20 and tastes really good! Yum! You can get this for $6.99 at drugstores
Hydration…What I can’t live without right now
ZICO Pure Premium Coconut Water with Mango! I am completely addicted to this! I do a lot of Bikram Yoga (“hot” yoga) and this is an absolute MUST for keeping my body hydrated after 90 minutes of Bikram. Zico Coconut Water has five essential electrolytes, more potassium than a banana, no fat and no sugar added. It is the perfect thing to put back into my body after a strenuous workout and I love the way it tastes.
What I’m listening to right now: Good News For People Who Love Bad News by MODEST MOUSE. I had forgotten how good this album was! Back when this was getting ready to come out a friend of mine who works in the music industry gave it to me before it was released. Of course I played it until I couldn’t play it anymore, put it in my iTunes and sort of just forgot about the album as a whole…but recently I rediscovered it, listened to the whole thing and now I am hooked all over again. There are so many things about this album that are so good…
The Fashion Girls Want to Hear From You!
You can contact The Fashion Girls, BB and Heather, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions that they’ll personally take some time to answer each month, your fashion dilemmas, or just to share your new style and beauty discoveries!